Monday, May 11, 2009

Goodies from John K!!

About a month or so ago, I inked a drawing by John K. for a cartoon pitch presentation. He sent me a box with some really cool stuff!

Heres the drawing he needed inked:

The ink I did in illustrator:

John's magical photoshop skills:


Here's some of the stuff I got..

Official Spumco Lodge membership!:


George, Sody, and Jimmy pencil toppers!


Cool Postcard-ish Spumco characters!

Spumco membership card:

(make sure to click and enlarge to read what this entales..)George Liquor drawing!

Sweet Layout drawing!Jealous?




Thanks John!

9 comments:

JohnK said...

Thank you!

mars said...

Awesome! Indeed I am Jealous :)

I'm not, however, jealous of the fact that Spumco now has the rights to pinch your guts out!!

Xris Parsell said...

Awesome inking job!

Isaac said...

The membership card is worth dying for!

Isaac said...

Seriously, who do I have to kill to become a Spümcø Lodge member?

Taco Wiz said...

I bought the card and pencil toppers on eBay, but that certificate! I am drooling! It would look great on my bedroom wall!

Ryan G. said...

Mars: Im curious to see what thats like..

Thanks Xris!

Isaac: Kill ten random strangers then I shall sent you my membership..

Taco: It sure would!

Anonymous said...

hey!
I'm just a beginner, and love your work. Can you recomend me a tutorial to learn that illustrator magic?
Thanks

Ryan G. said...

Anon:

As far as inking goes, I follow a cool tutorial by Brian Romero. You can find it here:

http://brian-romero.blogspot.com/2007_02_01_archive.html

Just scroll down to :
Friday, February 02, 2007
Digital Inking Basics

Anything else, you just have to open up Illustrator and familiarize yourself with the tools. You can google tutorials too. Let me know if you have any questions!

Good luck!