Wednesday, August 22, 2007

BG's

Heres a few of the backgrounds Ill be using for my new short. I dont usually draw landscapes or backgrounds but these seemed to turn out alright.. I quite enjoyed drawing these. I havent used Illustrator for awhile so it was good to refresh my memory. Thanks for stopping by!



This one is my favorite so far. There is going to be a character dropping in the foreground in this scene. I really paid close attention to compostion on this one. I framed the two figures with the trees and placed the flowers so they point to the characters as well.

5 comments:

edwinushiro said...

Nice backgrounds Ryan. I'm attempting to do some animated projects on my own too. I don't know any programs except CS3, Illustrator, Maya, & Premiere. Any suggestions? You seem to know my artwork. Right?

Ryan G. said...

Hey Edwin! Thanks buddy! Wow, id love to see some animations from you.. Well really all you need is some paper and whatever medium you want to work with. Scan your drawings into Premiere or After Effects for compositing. If you want to do it digitally, Flash is probably the way to go. You can vectorize your drawings in Illustrator or even draw straight into Flash. Good luck bro, keep me updated on your process!

lizardj said...

nice work dude. very stylized. XD how r you going to do the short, in flash?

Ryan G. said...

Hey Jack. Yup it'll be in Flash.

Clinton said...

nice backgrounds! cant wait to see the short, man!