Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Guitar Dude





I have recently received an opportunity to showcase an original piece of artwork in a gallery. Unfortunately, most of the students selected to submit something for the show, chose not to participate. So there are only like 6 pieces right now, obviously not enough for a gallery show. We will still have the show eventually but it looks like somewhere around June/July.

What the school wanted, was a piece that illustrates what each major was all about. I'm in the Media Arts and Animation program so the committee was looking for a submission such as an animation or character design or a 3d model.

I decided to do what I love to do the most and draw a goofy cartoony dude, playing a curvy guitar.

I still need to put in a few details like arm hair and model the face a little more, but if anyone has any critiques or suggestions I would greatly appreciate them!

8 comments:

Baron said...

The guitar looks cool, and the guy looks a little creepy, but that's what make the picture... and for the sake of asking, why would they refuse to participate in the event?

Ryan G. said...

Hey Baron! Well the students arent refusing per say, they just cant get their shit together. It blows my mind that people wouldnt be excited to have their work in a gallery! They could even use a piece that they made in a previous class or something. Slackers.

poo said...

This looks awesome! I can't wait to see it up at the mart!! We definitely need to celebrate! Keep it up. And I Still think that you are the shit!!

Ryan G. said...

Oh poo..

Danne8a said...

WoW!!!!
This drawing made me laugh out loud the minute I saw it!
It totally looks good as is already!
Good luck with the show!

Ryan G. said...

Thanks there Danny8a

Kali Fontecchio said...

I like your melting guitar dude!!

Ryan G. said...

thanks Kali!