Tuesday, October 17, 2006

New for you, old for me

Hey guys! Ive been slackin on posting lately but Im super busy at school, and have been working alot more at my job. So here are a couple old pictures to lay your peepers on!

I took a photography class at Eastern Illinois University in 2001. It was a really fun class. It was all 35 mm cameras and we had to develop our own film and make our own prints. It was a great learning process and fun too!

This picture below is probably the coolest picture ive ever taken. Our class took a field trip to the Lincoln Log Cabin, a historical site, to take some pictures. The workers there dressed up in costumes from the 1800's to give it the ambiance. I was walking around this little house and a girl came in and was trying to get a cat from out underneath the bed. I turned around and snapped a couple pictures and it turned out really cool. It has a sort of creepy, ghostly feel to it. I also like it because it reminds me of a Vermeer painting, with the lighting coming in from the left.

The concept for this drawing was made on this yellow lined paper while I was working as a bouncer in Chicago. I have alot of these "being bored" while bouncing sketches Ill probably post some time. Well enjoy! See you!


9 comments:

M.Pheuz said...

gee that is one fine lady there.
i can tell from my experience that boredom at work/school often gives birth to the greatest stuff, maybe it's because your thirsting brain is so thankful to be busy that it rewards you with its hidden gems.

Ryan G. said...

Its always the sketches that your really not paying attention to that ends up being pretty sweet. Like phone doodles and sketches made on the margin of your notebook give birth to some fantastic concepts.

Danne8a said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Danne8a said...

I agree to that.
Usually phone sketches are the best because they can open up things in your sub-concious that you aren't even aware are there.
Great lady by the way.
I wish my quick sketches looked that awesome!

da buttah said...

uch! i'm so fucking jealous of your artistic ability, i'm so serious.

Ryan G. said...

Hey Danny! I found the concept sketch.. I posted it too.. Thanks for the good word bro!

Thanks Buttah!

Arschblog said...

I like your Ladiedrawing very much! I like it how you draw her boops and her face and I like the colors!

Ryan G. said...

Thanks Steffi! Boobs are always fun to draw!

LĂȘA said...

The boobs are good, but I love that strange hand that she has!
And the background is a hippy celebration...