Wednesday, July 05, 2006

The Short Bus

The Short Bus is a comic strip I made a couple of years ago. Back at Eastern Illinois U., I had roughly 40 comics published in the Daily Eastern News. So after college I stopped drawing and just worked at crappy graphic design jobs and at bars slingin cocktails. Finally I got motivated from watching Ren & Stimpy to start drawing again and busted out a bunch of these comic strips. One of them got published in a little newspaper called the Chicago Commuter. I also began colorizing these frames in photoshop and creating the word bubbles and text in illustrator. I was amazed at the smooth color of the airbrush tool at the time, but I look back now and think it looks like crap. Everything is too shiny and blurry. I just recently started expiramenting with all the crazy brushes and textures that photoshop has to offer and the results are much more interesting than straight airbrush.

3 comments:

Baron said...

All of these comics are so great! I love them!

Chrissie A said...

Very funny, and nicely drawn!

Anonymous said...

hey ryan!