Thursday, July 20, 2006

John K. Caricature




From time to time, I venture over to Eddie Fitzgerald's blog and check out what theory he has in store for the day. Many theories that Eddie posts include caricatures of himself, drawn by partially insane, John K.

The wierd thing is though, I dont think ive seen any John K. caricatures by Eddie or anyone for that matter..

I suggested to Eddie that he post some reference pictures of John, so that we bloggers could take a crack at drawing John.. Well it occured to me that there was great reference of John on the featurette from the first Ren & Stimpy DVD's. So I sat down last night and crapped this caricature onto a piece of bristol..

Now I see why I dont see many caricatures of John.. He's really hard to draw!! He really does'nt have many distinguishing facial features.. But I had to keep pushing the drawing and I finally came up with this caricature that captures his likeness along with his "old man balls..."



The Ren & Stimpy Lost episodes are out and blew my friggin mind. Hopefully, it will blow your mind too.. John K. and Spumco are at thier best in this 2 disk set. There are tons of interviews, along with never before seen cartoons !! So run out and pick it up..John K. is a sick bastard of a genius.


12 comments:

Eddie Fitzgerald said...

Great drawing of John! Do you mind if I use on the Uncle Eddie blog?

glamaFez said...

You nailed John K. That's the very first caricature of him that I've seen. It's as good as Al Hirschfeld.

Danne8a said...

Amazing!
You are something else....
It's easy to see from that caricature that you are truely the real deal.
Do you think it would be a possibility in the future to check out some of your animation?
The drawings alone leave so much to be desired...

heri said...

I use 3d studio Max.
Model, but I should practice
a lot more, I dedicated my time more to my sketchbook than 3d.

-heri

Brett W. Thompson said...

That's a great caricature- I can tell you spent a lot of time on it, it shows!! Like glamafez said, you nailed it :)

LOL, the balls are a nice touch too.

da buttah said...

ren'n'stimpy? lost episodes?

heavennnnn!

heri said...

all those program at once? dang!
what school do you go to? how is the animation program (classes) set up?
-heri

Daniel said...

Hehehehe... now I wanna do a John K.

Hey now maybe I will. Yeah.

Daniel said...

There, I did it.

John K.

Anonymous said...

Hello butt head! You are the shit!!! that is the best caricature ever. It gave me a good laugh. thanks!

Ryan G. said...

Oh you are welcome anonymous! What say you and me get together and paint each other up!

wuzpikthefzorx said...

Hey, what's with the tissue boxes?